Posted March 15, 2017 R-118252
This position will oversee Interstate’s quality initiative; ensuring that each property meets the expectation of their specific brand in terms of guest satisfaction and standards.
This position maintains and develops programs and procedures to assist the field in the area of brand standards, guest satisfaction and quality management. This position is directly responsible for overseeing and managing The Four Disciplines of Execution process for an assigned group of hotels giving them the support and guidance necessary for success in the program and achieving brand and Interstate goals relative to GSS and QA. The Sr. Manager of OE works in conjunction with the corporate Operational Excellence Vice-Presidents.
As the Sr. Manager, Operational Excellence, you will:
- Responsible for overseeing the quality initiative of the company by monitoring and communicating brand performance in the areas of guest satisfaction and compliance to brand standards. Actively teaches, promotes, and monitors the Four Disciplines of Execution (Covey) in 50% of those enrolled in the program.
- Tracks poor performing GSS and QA hotels (Red Hotels) and provides personalized attention until property improvements are seen and maintained to the satisfaction of the brand and Interstate.
- Participates in property visits/audits, as needed, when corporate programs are not having an impact on performance.
- Communicates brand performance on a weekly basis with the regional and corporate operations team to ensure everyone is aware of property results in the area of guest satisfaction and quality assurance. Assists regional teams with property specific issues.
- Ensures brand initiatives are properly communicated to the properties and that these initiatives are tracked until completed.
- Develops new tools and SOPs focused on improving the performance of Interstate Hotels in the area of guest satisfaction and quality assurance.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities assigned. Participate in task force and on committees as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Ten years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities:
Some knowledge of the principles and practices within the Hospitality profession helpful. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and complex problems.
Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
Ability to study, analyze, and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
- Category Manager
- Compliance Specialist/Analyst
- Corporate Specialist, Talent Acquisition
- Director of Financial Reporting & Analysis (Hotel Finance)
- Director of Procurement and Supplier Management
- IT Business Lead - HR & Payroll
- Senior Manager, Operational Excellence
- Senior Specialist - Learning & Development
- Task Force Controller / Hotel Property Accounting Manager (Traveling Task Force Position)
- Vice President, Hotel Technology
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.