Posted March 13, 2017 R-119611
Are you looking for an entry-level human resources assistant to support the office with on boarding and general administrative/receptionist duties Then this is is a fantastic opportunity to dip your feet into the administrative/ human resources field! This is a temporary position.
You have a welcoming personality and helpful nature. You’re happiest when you’re juggling tasks and crave a variety of challenges. You have a passion for order and a gift for communicating understandably. Your active learning and listening skills are tuned to high volume. And you want to learn everything there is to know about Human Resources in hospitality. The Human Resources Administrative Assistant position with Interstate may be an excellent opportunity to exercise your talents, hone your skills and increase your understanding of the discipline.
As Human Resources Administrative Assistant, you will
- Provide overall support to the human resources department, enabling smooth operations in a fast-paced environment. Use your multi-tasking talents to assist with associate and management needs during the employment lifecycle.
- Employ your excellent people skills to help with the hiring process and Employee Relations matters.
- Help ensure safety and regulatory compliance by maintaining employment and termination records and logs and regulatory tracking. Administer OSHA, workers comp, unemployment claims, ensuring effective communication flow between all parties.
- Effectively communicate important info to associates, including benefits, and assist with orientation. Ensure that associate bulletin boards are current, interesting, and include safety info.
- Actively participate in the associate review process and administer payroll action changes timely and accurately.
- Ensure the office is equipped with the supplies needed to function smoothly.
An Associate or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or related field or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum one-year hotel or Human Resources-related experience required. The ability to operate a computer and a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is required. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required, with a second language helpful.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Golden Gateway
496 Room Hotel
San Francisco, California Hotel Near Nob Hill
Holiday Inn® Golden Gateway is a full-service conference hotel in downtown San Francisco centered between Nob Hill, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Heights, an oasis for corporate and leisure travelers offering the "True San Francisco Experience."
Rising 26 stories with 496 guestrooms starting on the 6th floor, each offers outstanding city or bay views.
On-site heated outdoor pool, 24-hour business center and fitness center, guest laundry, dry-cleaning services, R-O-H Bar and Restaurant including room service starting at 5pm. Over 100 restaurants within walking distance as well.
Historic cable cars are located on California Street, just steps from the hotel, providing easy access to Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, Embarcadero, Financial District and Chinatown.
Our conference hotel features more than 18,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space including our two Ballrooms. We can accommodate groups and meetings from 10 to 450 people for business or social events.