Posted March 20, 2017 R-119716
Your foundation in housekeeping is solid. You like the variety and movement the day presents, and you’ve got a knack with people and juggling schedules is a snap. Your trained eye quickly spots things out of order. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Supervisor position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Enable an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention, optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on supplies and expenses, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent experience, with one to two years of employment related experience is required. Working knowledge of housekeeping is expected. Supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires continuous movement and standing, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and push or pull up to 35 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1901 West End Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203
Telephone (615) 327-9900
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Bistro Prep/Cook (PM)
- Bistro Server/Bartender/Cook
- Bistro Server/Cook/Bartender (PM)
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant (PM)
- Restaurant Server
- Room Attendant
- Room Attendant
- Room Attendant (8AM-5PM)
- Server/Barista (AM)
- Shuttle Driver
Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
226 Room Hotel
Nashville Courtyard Vanderbilt, the best location in town!
The Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End greets guests with contemporary accommodations, superb amenities, and an unparalleled hotel location. We're just moments from Vanderbilt University, and less than a mile from the Music City Center, Historic 2nd Avenue, the Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville Convention Center, and much more. Guests can take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to most local West End venues. Rooms are beautifully appointed with conveniences like free Wi-Fi and plush bedding; some of our hotel rooms feature balconies, too. Stop by The Bistro for delicious American cuisine, as well as Starbucks® coffee and tasty cocktails. Enjoy amazing views of Nashville's West End from our seasonal rooftop pool, or fit in a workout in our modern gym. Anyone can plan a small event here in Vanderbilt, and take advantage of our two flexible meeting rooms, group rates, and great catering.