Posted March 20, 2017 R-119750
The Compliance Specialist reports to the Senior Vice President, Internal Audit. This person acts as the liaison between business units and the corporate compliance department and works to identify current property compliance processes and practices, areas that needs improvement and assist with designing new processes that limit the company exposure to risk from a compliance perspective. Will monitor and analyze call data from the Corporate Compliance Hotline and assist with reporting compliance metrics from various departments within the company to monitor compliance.
In this role, the Compliance Specialist will:
- Research and document existing business processes company-wide that involve compliance.
- Act as a consultant to business partners to help better define and develop effective business processes surrounding compliance.
- Work with business partners to design and implement continual monitoring mechanisms and audit processes to ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
- Educate business users who are responsible for managing and operating business processes on compliance practices.
- Develop metrics and dashboard to monitor measure and provide feedback on process performance; report to stakeholders on soundness and efficiency of processes.
- Monitor Corporate Compliance Hotline and produce reporting and metrics to help Compliance leadership effectively manage Compliance issues.
Skills and Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree in Analytics, Project Management or related field preferred.
Experience: At least 1-3 years of experience in compliance or business process improvement role.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as excellent diagramming skills. Proven experience in Project Management and developing business metrics. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to run meetings and facilitate education of end
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
- Category Manager
- Compliance Specialist/Analyst
- Corporate Specialist, Talent Acquisition
- Director of Financial Reporting & Analysis (Hotel Finance)
- Director of Procurement and Supplier Management
- IT Business Lead - HR & Payroll
- Senior Manager, Operational Excellence
- Senior Specialist - Learning & Development
- Task Force Controller / Hotel Property Accounting Manager (Traveling Task Force Position)
- Vice President, Hotel Technology
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.