Posted June 18, 2017 R-119968
You’re like magic. You transform empty spaces into settings; and after the event, you make them disappear. You’re happiest juggling at a fast-pace, with a passion to please that equals the need for getting it right. Your sharp eye for detail quickly spots when something’s amiss and when guests have need. A valued team member who smoothly handles the difficult and unexpected, you “get” that your contribution is vital to the event’s success. If you’re up for a challenging, physical role where your relationship skills can develop and shine, consider Interstate’s Banquet Set-Up position.
As Banquet Set-Up, you will
- Set up and break down event space, ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order, guest needs are attended to, and public spaces are tidied throughout the event.
- Do your part to help the event shine by vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors in event space and surrounding public areas. Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly. Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
- Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting repair and maintenance needs.
- Pitch in to help with banquet service and attend to guest needs and special requests with prompt “can-do” courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with three months food service or hospitality experience helpful. Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and heavy lifting, up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently (moving furniture, equipment, staging, etc.)
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
2301 S.E. 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Telephone (954) 525-6666
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
384 Room Hotel
Renowned for its spectacular views, resort-style amenities and abundance of on-site activities, Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six features the perfect combination of relaxation, adventure, and business environment. Situated on 22 acres of mature landscaping and royal palms at a world-class marina, our Ft. Lauderdale Beach hotel offers the perfect getaway in the yachting capital of the world. Welcome to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six.
What Makes A Stay Seamless:
- Rooms with views: 384 guestrooms and suites featuring private balconies with spectacular views, contemporary décor and large flat-screen TVs
- Waterfront location: Guests can take a stroll along the waterfront and take advantage of nearby boat rentals, fishing charters, and marina activities
- Diverse dining experiences: Visitors can enjoy five fantastic on-site restaurants, from fine dining to poolside cocktails to waterfront burgers at Pelican Landing
- Memorable meetings: We can host a meeting or special celebration in our 30,000 square feet of event space, with dramatic downtown skyline views
- On-site activities: Discover a lush outdoor courtyard, a trio of pools, world-class spa, full-service marina, and 24-hour StayFit™ Gym
- Easy access to transportation: Located 2 miles from Port Everglades cruise terminal and 3 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport