Posted April 21, 2017 R-120015
You’ve always been curious about how things work. And when things stop working, you can’t help taking them apart and putting them back together so they DO. Easy breezy.Then, working as a Class I Engineer with Interstate may be just the right place for you to use your technical knowledge and knack for fixing.
As a Class I Engineer, you will
- Take regular action to keep guest room and areas fully operable for guest comfort and safety and the work environment safe for fellow associates.
- Use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Help with grounds upkeep.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. Knowledge of Kemper Insurance Red Tag System and the ability to drive a pick-up truck may also be required. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
115 Room Hotel
A Living Balance.
Natural beauty and urban style combine to form an always-memorable stay at the Hotel Indigo® Asheville Downtown hotel. Our thoughtful service includes an on-site concierge to help create your ultimate Asheville experience. We will guide visitors to our neighborhood’s best attractions and hidden gems, which include local breweries, music venues and restaurants. Guests can sample the gourmet small plate menu at our own farm-to-table eatery, oneFIFTYone Bar & Kitchen. They can watch our walls for the work of local artists, and take in the breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and downtown Asheville from our guest rooms and spacious suites.
- Total of Meeting Rooms: 1
- Total Area of Meeting Space: 865 SQ FT
- Sales and Meeting Professionals On-Site: 1
- Largest Room Capacity: 38
- Largest Room Measurement: 550
- Smallest Room Measurement: 550
- Exhibit Space Available
- Exhibit Space Area: 865