Posted April 21, 2017 R-120032
It’s all about the people for you. You understand that your department is a critical, often first, touch point for guests. Your expert skill and natural ability to foster relationships ensures that your team’s ON it. You’re a wiz at juggling schedules. You know the groups and arrival times to staff efficiently, with operational ease top of mind. Fluid communications and accurate timely reporting keep departmental partners informed, enabling smooth operations and increased profitability. Ready to rise? Interstate’s Front Desk Supervisor position may be the perfect opportunity for your talent to shine and your career to elevate.
As Front Desk Supervisor, you will
- Oversee the front desk staff to ensure optimal guest experience and smooth front desk operation. Pitching in, you attend to guest needs at the front desk. You know the property layout by heart to ably guide guests and answer questions.
- Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of motivated desk agents by modeling the way, by training, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on workflow, room status and group activity and effectively communicate info for well informed fellow departments, to increase team efficiency and overall productivity.
- Help with security by ensuring cashier reports balance, banks and deposits are verified, and key control is monitored.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with one to two years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or other customer-related position. You must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. You must also be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and cash register operation knowledge is expected.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
7800 Normandale Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55439
Telephone (952) 835-7800
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington - Minneapolis South
574 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Conveniently located just off I-494 and Hwy 100, our inviting Bloomington, MN hotel is only ten minutes from Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport (MSP) and the world-famous Mall of America.
Guests can choose from a variety of comfortable guest rooms and suites including pool-side rooms with balconies, whirlpool suites and Executive level accommodations. They can stay connected in the comfort of their room with WiFi, or catch up with work in the business center.
Offering 70,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space, including two elegant ballrooms, our hotel in Bloomington, MN presents the perfect venue for anyone's next event. Meetings, conventions, social occasions and weddings are a specialty at our hotel south of Minneapolis. We provide professional planning and dedicated catering services from our friendly banquet staff.
- Prime Bloomington, MN hotel location near entertainment, shopping and dining outlets
- Complimentary parking and shuttle to MSP Airport and Mall of America
- Hotel in Bloomington, MN hotel with 38 modern meeting rooms; over 70,000 sq. ft. of event space
- Comfortable lodging near Mall of America with suites and executive rooms
- On-site dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and full bar at Crescent Kitchen
- Modern fitness center and large whirlpool