Posted June 19, 2017 R-121581
Support the Risk Manager, Senior Director of Claims and Senior Director of Loss Prevention by providing and analyzing the department’s Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop and implementation premium allocation models used to allocate premium to the hotels.Responsibilities include developing premium quotes, billings, credits and maintaining the master schedule of coverages.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicator reports for the risk management department.This requires the development of reports to identify trends and measure the impact risk management programs have on the organization’s cost of risk.
- Collect insurance underwriting data and assist in the preparation of the underwriting submissions for all lines of coverage.
- Analyze the historical workers compensation, general liability and auto losses related to new management agreements.Identify loss trends and recommend controls.
- Review contract language to determine if vendors meet IHR’s insurance requirements.Track vendor compliance.
- Assist the Senior Director of Loss Prevention with the tracking of hotel safety level activities.
- Assist the Senior Director of Claims with trending claims data to identify cost containment opportunities and monitor claim adjuster/insurer performance.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: 4 year collage degree or relative experience
Experience: 2-5 years of risk management department, insurance company or insurance broker experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops/recommends/implements solutions.
- Performs complex analysis of data from multiple sources
- Develops insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.