Posted April 20, 2017 R-121765
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Guard with Interstate. It could be you.
As Security Guard, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
2101 North Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Telephone (843) 918-5000
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center
400 Room Hotel
Visitors will experience the warmth and beauty of Myrtle Beach from the perfect setting at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel.
Whether guests are visiting for business or pleasure, our full-service hotel brings the best of Myrtle Beach right to their doorstep, from the adjacent Myrtle Beach Convention Center to Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Waves Water Park, Tanger Factory Outlets and world-class golf courses. Guests can settle in and relax in one of 400 contemporary rooms and suites equipped with the Sheraton Signature bed and free Internet. Our 250,000 square feet of function space set the stage for an impressive business gathering or social occasion.