Posted June 19, 2017 R-121776
You’ve always been curious about how things work. And when things stop working, you can’t help taking them apart and putting them back together so they DO. Easy breezy.Then, working as a Class I Engineer with Interstate may be just the right place for you to use your technical knowledge and knack for fixing.
As a Class I Engineer, you will
- Take regular action to keep guest room and areas fully operable for guest comfort and safety and the work environment safe for fellow associates.
- Use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Help with grounds upkeep.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. Knowledge of Kemper Insurance Red Tag System and the ability to drive a pick-up truck may also be required. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul Downtown
208 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Situated in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, the Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown is an elegant all-suite hotel conveniently located near some of the area’s biggest corporations and most popular attractions. The newly renovated, spacious two-room suites provide modern styling and the amenities needed for working, vacationing with family and feeling comfortable.
Stay connected through our 24-hour BusinessLink™ business center and in-room internet access. Unwind in the modern fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor pool. Start your day off right with a full, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast including the famous Embassy Suites omelets. Take the opportunity to relax at the nightly Evening Reception that serves up drinks, snacks and great conversation.
Discover flexible function spaces and conference rooms, including the lush open-air atrium, unique among downtown St. Paul hotels. Let the dedicated event professionals at Embassy Suites create an elegant St. Paul wedding venue or the perfect site for a business meeting.
- Downtown St. Paul hotel near Xcel Energy Center
- Newly renovated two-room St. Paul hotel suites with microwave and refrigerator
- Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center
- Complimentary Evening Reception & cooked-to-order breakfast in open-air atrium
- St. Paul, Minnesota hotel offering a shuttle within a 5-mile radius (for nominal fee)
- 5,000 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space