Posted June 19, 2017 R-121777
It’s all about the people for you. You understand that your department is a critical, often first, touch point for guests. Your expert skill and natural ability to foster relationships ensures that your team’s ON it. You’re a wiz at juggling schedules. You know the groups and arrival times to staff efficiently, with operational ease top of mind. Fluid communications and accurate timely reporting keep departmental partners informed, enabling smooth operations and increased profitability. Ready to rise? Interstate’s Front Desk Supervisor position may be the perfect opportunity for your talent to shine and your career to elevate.
As Front Desk Supervisor, you will
- Oversee the front desk staff to ensure optimal guest experience and smooth front desk operation. Pitching in, you attend to guest needs at the front desk. You know the property layout by heart to ably guide guests and answer questions.
- Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of motivated desk agents by modeling the way, by training, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on workflow, room status and group activity and effectively communicate info for well informed fellow departments, to increase team efficiency and overall productivity.
- Help with security by ensuring cashier reports balance, banks and deposits are verified, and key control is monitored.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with one to two years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or other customer-related position. You must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. You must also be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and cash register operation knowledge is expected.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul Downtown
208 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Situated in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, the Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown is an elegant all-suite hotel conveniently located near some of the area’s biggest corporations and most popular attractions. The newly renovated, spacious two-room suites provide modern styling and the amenities needed for working, vacationing with family and feeling comfortable.
Stay connected through our 24-hour BusinessLink™ business center and in-room internet access. Unwind in the modern fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor pool. Start your day off right with a full, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast including the famous Embassy Suites omelets. Take the opportunity to relax at the nightly Evening Reception that serves up drinks, snacks and great conversation.
Discover flexible function spaces and conference rooms, including the lush open-air atrium, unique among downtown St. Paul hotels. Let the dedicated event professionals at Embassy Suites create an elegant St. Paul wedding venue or the perfect site for a business meeting.
- Downtown St. Paul hotel near Xcel Energy Center
- Newly renovated two-room St. Paul hotel suites with microwave and refrigerator
- Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center
- Complimentary Evening Reception & cooked-to-order breakfast in open-air atrium
- St. Paul, Minnesota hotel offering a shuttle within a 5-mile radius (for nominal fee)
- 5,000 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space