Posted April 20, 2017 R-121712
Position Description: Solicit, sign up and coordinate group room sales to meet-exceed revenue/profit goals. Acquire daily reader board data from competitive set hotels, qualify and distribute leads according to market segmentation (transient, group and catering) participate in all sales related activities, i.e. planning, meetings, blitzes, telemarketing, etc.
- Use existing resources, lists and database to solicit new and existing accounts and clients through telephone and email prospecting. Prepare correspondence to clients, complete internal reports and file updates. Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and clients.
- Use virtual prospecting to develop database of new prospects from the internet for solicitation. Follow up with prospecting calls to new contacts and distribute any resulting leads to sales team. Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide account history.
- Achieve specific solicitation goals and generated leads for transient, group and catering business through reader board analysis of competition.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education:High School diploma and technical/vocational training for office administration or secretarial.
Experience:Two years secretarial experience with knowledge of the principles and practices within a professional business organization. One year selling and/or customer service experience.
Fundamentals: Type 50-60 WPM, adept at word processing and use of electronic information storage, and knowledge of multiple phone lines. Possesses organization and systems skills with the ability to readily associate with people and apply customer service continuously. Has skill for investigating and analyzing current activities or information in a specialized field involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations. Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to convince, sell and influence secretaries, professionals and/or hotel customers.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
9999 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77042
Telephone (713) 974-1000
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Server
- Business Development Manager
- Driver/Bell Person
- Engineers/Maintenance I (entry)
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Group Sales Manager
- Guest Service Agent
- Guest Service Agent
- Laundry Attendant/Houseperson
- Lead Cook
- Lounge Concierge (PM)
- Reservation Agent
- Restaurant Host/Hostess
- Room Attendant
- Sales Lead Telemarketer
Hilton Houston Westchase
295 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Discover chic décor and spacious accommodations when guests check into the recently renovated Hilton Houston Westchase. Conveniently located off the Sam Houston Tollway and Westheimer Road, our hotel is in the heart of the Westchase business district. Guests will enjoy easy access to Downtown Houston, the Uptown Galleria area, Energy Corridor and corporate businesses such as Chevron, Schlumberger, Phillips 66, Cameron and National Oilwell Varco.
- Located in the heart of the Westchase Business District
- 30 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) & Houston Hobby (HOU) airports
- An elegant venue for hosting meetings or events for up to 900 Guests
- Wood-grilled steaks at our award-winning restaurant, Rio Ranch
- Adjacent to Houston's Energy Corridor
- 8 miles from downtown Houston and 6 miles from the Galleria