Posted June 19, 2017 R-121703
It’s all about the people for you. You understand that your department is a critical, often first, touch point for guests. Your expert skill and natural ability to foster relationships ensures that your team’s ON it. You’re a wiz at juggling schedules. You know the groups and arrival times to staff efficiently, with operational ease top of mind. Fluid communications and accurate timely reporting keep departmental partners informed, enabling smooth operations and increased profitability. Ready to rise? Interstate’s Front Desk Supervisor position may be the perfect opportunity for your talent to shine and your career to elevate.
As Front Desk Supervisor, you will
- Oversee the front desk staff to ensure optimal guest experience and smooth front desk operation. Pitching in, you attend to guest needs at the front desk. You know the property layout by heart to ably guide guests and answer questions.
- Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of motivated desk agents by modeling the way, by training, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on workflow, room status and group activity and effectively communicate info for well informed fellow departments, to increase team efficiency and overall productivity.
- Help with security by ensuring cashier reports balance, banks and deposits are verified, and key control is monitored.
- A high school education or equivalent is required, with one to two years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or other customer-related position.
- You must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful.
- Hilton experience is highly preferred.
- You must have a passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
- The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. You must also be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
9999 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77042
Telephone (713) 974-1000
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Server
- Business Development Manager
- Business Travel Sales Manager
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Laundry Attendant/Houseperson
- Lounge Concierge (PM)
- Reservation Agent
- Restaurant Bartender
- Restaurant Host/Hostess
- Restaurant Host/Hostess
- Room Attendant
- Room Attendant
- Sales Lead Telemarketer
Hilton Houston Westchase
295 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Discover chic décor and spacious accommodations when guests check into the recently renovated Hilton Houston Westchase. Conveniently located off the Sam Houston Tollway and Westheimer Road, our hotel is in the heart of the Westchase business district. Guests will enjoy easy access to Downtown Houston, the Uptown Galleria area, Energy Corridor and corporate businesses such as Chevron, Schlumberger, Phillips 66, Cameron and National Oilwell Varco.
- Located in the heart of the Westchase Business District
- 30 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) & Houston Hobby (HOU) airports
- An elegant venue for hosting meetings or events for up to 900 Guests
- Wood-grilled steaks at our award-winning restaurant, Rio Ranch
- Adjacent to Houston's Energy Corridor
- 8 miles from downtown Houston and 6 miles from the Galleria