Posted May 17, 2017 R-122902
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Manager with Interstate. It could be you.
As Security Guard, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Fire Safety Director role required
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience leading team in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates, NYC FSD and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
29-15 Queens Plaza North
Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone (718) 786-0003
Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View
160 Room Hotel
Whether traveling for business or fun, the Courtyard by Marriott® Long Island City makes all travels successful by providing exactly what our guests need: guest rooms with two queen beds or a single king, rooms with views of NYC, and easy access to NYC subways. The Nosh restaurant provides quick friendly service and a menu offering value priced items for all travelers. The Courtyard by Marriott Long Island City has three meeting rooms on site that offer three different size options for small business meetings during the week and or social gatherings with friends and family on the weekends and in the evening. The Courtyard by Marriott is located in the heart of NYC and offers all guests easy access to the Queensboro Bridge, Queens Plaza and Queensboro Plaza train stations; giving access to and from all points in NYC via car, bus and or subway.