Posted May 18, 2017 R-123157
Every decision you make impacts hotel profitability. And, your passion for moving the needle is infectious. Your straightforward actions convey, “We’re in this together to win,” and inspire and motivate productive exchanges between Sales, Finance and Operations. Tech savvy and analytically minded, navigating multiple distribution channels is effortless. Your inventive approach leveraging what you know is downright magic: determining critical changes in course, charting strategic direction, and negotiating for maximum yield penetration. Financial goal achievement becomes the norm. As Director of Revenue Management and valued business partner with Interstate, you will have the opportunity to do this and more.
As Director of Revenue Management, you will
- Direct and oversee all aspects of revenue management. Exercise your analytical, technical, and innovative powers to develop, recommend, and convey winning sales strategies for maximum revenue and yield penetration. Use your technical expertise to oversee Reservations and Sales Management Systems.
- Provide valuable input into and guidance for the Sales team. Lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching.
- Communicate data and trend findings to Sales, Hotel Operations and Catering. Compile, analyze and interpret data and trends. Effectively communicate to fellow departments, enabling spot-on staffing for exceptional guest experience and optimal flow through. Contribute meaningfully in budget development and management and through the Rate Strategy Committee. Present findings and convey ideas with impactful, concise clarity.
- Recommend and take timely action. Keep a pulse on room inventory and rates to effectively alter course. Negotiate transient, group and catering accounts, ensuring the ideal mix of group, transient and catering contribution for maximum room revenue and optimal flow through.
- Challenge the process. Foster an innovative, collaborative environment and channel your technical expertise to continually rethink existing processes, policies and procedures. Engage fellow departments and stakeholders to effect meaningful change.
A four-year college degree or equivalent is required, with previous experience in Sales, Catering, or Reservations essential. Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills are required. Expertise of hotel reservation systems, sales and catering management systems, and property management systems is expected. The ability to operate a computer, business equipment and software is also expected. This position requires full mobility, with periods of standing and sitting.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
120 South Los Angeles Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone (213) 629-1200
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
434 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown. Begin your stay at this inviting Los Angeles hotel with our delicious freshly baked chocolate chip cookie and allow our attentive staff to cater to your every need. Conveniently located off the 110, 101 and 5 freeways, this contemporary downtown Los Angeles hotel is ideally situated less than a mile from major attractions. Visit the Los Angeles Convention Center, discover the L.A. Live Attractions (Staples Center, Nokia Theatre, and Grammy Museum), and walk to iconic cultural attractions, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Relax in a spacious guest room or suite at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown. Each of our spacious guest rooms feature sophisticated Asian-fusion decor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as 42-inch HDTVs and high-speed internet access. Gaze at stunning skyline views from the large windows. Upgrade to a suite to enjoy extra space, including separate living and working areas and special upgraded amenities such as a full-size refrigerator and soothing whirlpool bath.
Celebrate a special event or host an important business meeting at this Los Angeles hotel with a host of flexible meeting rooms, ideal for small to large groups. The tranquil Kyoto Garden offers a unique venue for romantic weddings of any size. Corporate travelers will appreciate our fully equipped business center, offering a host of efficient equipment for your convenience.
- Complimentary Hilton HHonors Turn Down Service (Turn down bed, refresh room, small amenity)
- Overnight valet parking service includes vacuuming and windshield washing
- State-of-the-art War Room perfect for depositions, legal gatherings and meetings
- Stunning Kyoto Gardens rooftop wedding venue with amazing skyline views