Posted July 17, 2017 R-123195
A Banquet Manager is the business brain behind the party action. That’s you! While you LOVE a good party, you understand and love even more, the myriad details that ensure smooth operations for your team and pleasant memories for guests. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Manager position may be just the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
As Banquet Manager, you will
- Oversee service operations to ensure guests have the ultimate experience, enabling the brand to shine and your department to beat financial goals.
- Be responsible for full range planning and department daily operations, including budget oversight. Provide input to enhance processes that heighten guest experience and improve financial results.
- Interpret Banquet Event Orders to ensure event details, staffing and menus are clearly communicated and orchestrated to delight guests.
- Keep a pulse on daily Banquet operations, resolving issues quickly for guest and associate safety, leading to an ideal guest experience.
- Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
One to two years of post high school education, with two to three years in a related position. Advanced knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the hospitality profession is required. Effective verbal and written English communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. This position occasionally requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1275 South Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Telephone (734) 487-2000
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Banquet Set Up - On Call
- Bell Staff
- Cook I
- Dishwasher (PM)
- Front Desk Agent - Full time w/ benefits
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Host (AM)
- Housekeeping Inspector (w/benefits)
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server (AM/weekends)
- Room Attendant (w/Benefits)
- Room Service (AM/weekends)
- Sous Chef w/Benefits (PM)
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
243 Room Hotel
Overlooking Ford Lake and nestled among 135 acres of championship golf, this premier Ann Arbor, Michigan hotel offers a tranquil, park setting and resort-style amenities. Newly renovated in 2016, the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest Resort is perfect for both business and leisure travelers. The Marriott Hotel is located near the University of Michigan’s “Big House” football stadium and both the University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University. Travelers will also enjoy the area’s thriving restaurant scene, historic and cultural sites, museums and art attractions. A perfect place to unwind, offering 243 guest rooms and suites, an indulgent concierge lounge, state of the art fitness facility and an on-site golf course. More than 40,000 square feet of well-appointed and flexible meeting space provides an unmatched backdrop for special occasions, business meetings and conferences of all sizes.