Posted June 17, 2017 R-123208
Does thriving at a fast-pace, relationship building, and navigating dynamic business operations - to delight guests and exceed financial goals - bring out your best self? Then, Hotel Erwin’s Director of Operations position may be your best next career move.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for long and short term planning and day-to-day operations of the Front Desk, Maintenance, and Housekeeping departments. Develops and recommends the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Senior Management team.
- Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the group's annual budget, business/marketing plan, forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations. Brainstorm and implement occupancy and revenue boosting strategies.
- Implement company programs, develop local programs and procedures and manage the operations of the group, ensuring compliance with SOPs, safety regulations and all other federal, state and local laws and regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality. Get out from behind the desk to observe guest experiences and staff interactions. When complications surface – and they will – make it right for the guest and open channels for associates.
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus two to three years’ in hotel company related position, with discipline-specific operations knowledge and supervisory experience is required. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and switchboard operation knowledge is expected.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1697 Pacific Avenue
Venice, CA 90291
Telephone (310) 452-1111
119 Room Hotel
Whether it's the birth of skate culture the iconic muscle beach, or just its notorious "anything-goes" attitude; Venice Beach has always been an icon of American subculture. It's a unique combination of seaside beauty, urban energy, and people who aren't afraid to express themselves.
For the past five decades, Hotel Erwin has been a window into this wonderfully weird world, welcoming travelers of every description from across the globe. From our friendly, approachable vibe to our eclectic, diverse atmosphere, find out why Hotel Erwin is still the only place to stay in Venice Beach.