Posted May 19, 2017 R-123034
AIRE at Hyatt Centric the Loop Chicago is looking for dynamic people to join our team. Savor hand-crafted cocktails and flavorful wines on this chic open-air retreat with eclectic décor and panoramic views of the cityscape. Our seasonal rooftop lounge offers a dramatic, sky-high ambiance for sharing gourmet small bites made from local ingredients and sampling artisan mixology.
You’re upbeat around people, happiest in continuous motion, and great at juggling tasks. Now, imagine getting paid for doing what comes naturally to you. Sound good? AIRE at Hyatt Centric The Loop is looking for seasonal Bartenders to work from April through September.
As Bartender, you will
- Provide exceptional service to guests by promptly welcoming and courteously serving guests in a can-do fashion, engaging in polite conversation when time allows.
- Be fully informed of beverage and menu offerings, in anticipation of guest needs and to deliver highly attentive service.
- Prepare drinks for cocktail service orders and have a passion for mixology. Maintain a safe, clean environment, which includes managing people with discretion and professionalism and occasionally diffusing difficult situations.
- Ensure the bar and its equipment are clean and fully functional.
One year bartending experience is preferred. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. You must be able to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems. You also must be able to operate bar equipment. Awareness of and compliance with all liquor laws, Interstate guidelines, policies and procedures is required. This position requires continuous movement and the ability to lift and carry up to 36 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago
257 Room Hotel
Visitors can explore our favorite city and its vibrant neighborhoods with ease from our central location, just steps from many of Chicago’s transportation hubs. Premium amenities will make you feel welcome at our pet-friendly hotel, such as a 24-hour fitness center and 2,500 sq. ft. of event space. The options are endless when you stay in the middle of the action at Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago.
What Our Guests Love:
- View from the top: Handcrafted cocktails, seasonal small plate dining, and a panoramic city views at AIRE
- Rooms that feel like home: Spacious accommodations designed with clean lines and lots of natural light
- Historic design: Furnished with swanky, contemporary art-deco fixtures dating back to 1927
- Prime location: Close to top corporate offices and must sees, like Millennium Park and the Magnificent Mile
- Innovative French fare: Upscale French favorites and a gourmet grab-and-go bakery at Cochon Volant