Posted August 12, 2017 R-123359
Interacting with people, making connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day; it’s what you do, and you love it. You’ll have the opportunity to do this and more as Sales Manager for Interstate.
As Sales Manager, you will
- Understand the competitive landscape and do what it takes to secure business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future sales.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts, tapping into community organizations and the media to elevate the hotel’s market share awareness and driving further business.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with one to two years’ employment in a related position. Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected. This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
235 Room Hotel
Located a short drive from San Francisco in the center of beautiful Marin County, Four Points San Rafael is surrounded by rolling hills, the scenic north coast, and Sonoma and Napa wine country.
At our San Rafael hotel, you'll enjoy the comfort and convenience of a relaxing outdoor heated pool, the Four Points Signature Bed, and fast & free WiFi. Be sure to stop by Hillside Tavern for a bite to eat and a local Best Brew®.
Visitors can host a meeting in our San Rafael event space
- 12,000 square feet of meeting space
- 11 meeting rooms
- Flexible set-up options
- On-site catering