Posted August 13, 2017 R-124511
You’re a careful listener who “gets” the client’s event needs at first telling. And for those unsure of their needs, your experience enables skillful guidance known to eclipse expectations. Your reputation and networking efforts make you the “go-to” and you can lead a team to excellence in event planning. Then, a Director of Catering position with Interstate might just be the go-to opportunity that takes your career to the next level.
The Director of Catering is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel Director of Sales and Marketing.
The Director of Catering manages overall Event Sales and Event Planning standards including supervision of Event Managers and administrative staff. Areas of emphasis include on-going training of staff and other administrative duties. Achieve individual booking goals and has overall responsibility for achieving property Event goals. The Director should be proficient in all aspects of the Event Manager position.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of Event Sales and Event Planning
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all event areas
- Develop and implement effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues
- Experience evaluating each piece of event business to ensure business can be properly serviced
- Monitor sales performance of Event Sales Managers Catering Sales Managers
- Work closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus
- Train, supervise and work with event staff, in order to solicit and book banquet and event functions, as well as the planning, merchandising and execution of the functions
- Work closely with Banquet Manager and their team to create and ensure quality levels are being met on a daily basis as well as enhancing overall banquet set-ups
- Leads event team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel Event sales objectives
- Administer all phases of the event department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing and administrative procedures
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Interstate Hotels and Resorts service standards and procedures
Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Event Sales and Planning experience
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 3 years experience in a senior role in Event Sales/Planning environment
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
333 West Kilbourne Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Telephone (414) 276-1234
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Bar Back
- Bar Server
- Business Travel Sales Manager
- Cook I
- Cook I
- Director of Catering
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- In Room Dining Server
- Line Cook (AM)
- Night Audit
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant
- Sales Coordinator
- Storeroom Clerk
- Telephone/Front Desk Agent
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
481 Room Hotel
Experience Brew City the way it was meant to be seen - from our sensational hotel in Milwaukee, WI. Whether in town for a business meeting or family getaway, Hyatt Regency is the ideal place for visitors to stay to explore the area, be productive, and feel at home. Located adjacent to the Wisconsin Center, our hotel in the downtown district perfectly complements the convention center with over 33,000 square feet of stylish event space, ideal for social galas, weddings, conferences, and executive meetings.
What Makes A Seamless Stay:
- Contemporary accommodations: Relax in spacious rooms and suites with plush Hyatt Grand Beds®, complimentary Wi-Fi, 32” flat screen TVs, and in-room coffee makers.
- Business friendly amenities: Stay connected with free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, a full-service business center with 24-hour access, and 23 high-tech meeting rooms.
- Connected to Wisconsin Center: An enclosed walkway connects the hotel to the Convention Center, with 188,695 sq. ft. of exhibit space and 32 meeting/breakout rooms.
- Weddings to remember: Our beautifully renovated rooftop ballroom, Vue, features unrivaled panoramic views of the downtown Milwaukee and is the ideal space for weddings and receptions.
- Market fresh cuisine: Join us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Bistro 333, serving regionally inspired cuisine and sip refreshing hand-crafted cocktails Bar 333.