Posted October 9, 2017 R-124788
Interacting with people, making connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day; it’s what you do, and you love it. You’ll have the opportunity to do this and more as Sales Manager for Interstate.
As Sales Manager, you will
- Understand the competitive landscape and do what it takes to secure business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future sales.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts, tapping into community organizations and the media to elevate the hotel’s market share awareness and driving further business.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with one to two years’ employment in a related position. Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected. This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
5400 Plantation Road
Captiva, FL 33924
Telephone (239) 472-5111
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Chef
- Beach & Pool Manager
- Beach Attendant
- Catering Coordinator
- Catering Sales Manager
- Cook I
- Cook III
- Floor Care Technician
- Food Storeroom Clerk
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Manager
- General Maintenance Technician
- Group Sales Manager
- Housekeeping Dispatcher
- Housekeeping Manager
- Outlet Cashier @ Scoops
- Pool Attendant
- Resort Hiring Manager
- Restaurant Cashier
- Retail Clerk
- Security Office
- Starbucks Barista
- Starbucks Supervisor
South Seas Island Resort
471 Room Resort
Family. Nature. Comfort.
For decades, generations of guests have made South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island the vacation destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. Our iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As a quiet retreat, the resort is a destination rich in recreation and wondrous natural beauty. Feel at home in a variety of accommodations, ranging from comfortable hotel rooms, charming condominiums and cottages, to private homes and villas. A Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine, this inviting oasis allows the discovery of native Florida and its extraordinary splendor.
Experience our resort village and wildlife sanctuary with boundless opportunity for both adventure and relaxation. Uncover the infinite possibilities that exist within this island getaway, poised to inspire and delight both the young, and the young at heart.
- Located directly on the Gulf of Mexico on Captiva Island, Florida
- An array of accommodations from Harbourside Guestrooms, to one-, two- and three- bedroom condominiums and cottages. Two to Six Bedroom private homes are also available.
- South Seas offers an array of activities for guests of all ages
- Delicious on-site dining
- Endless recreation and exciting land and water activities
- Bordered by two-and-a-half miles of private white-sand beach
- 35 miles from South West Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Just 32 miles from Fort Myers, yet provides a peaceful, secluded-island feel