Posted June 19, 2017 R-124807
Does thriving at a fast-pace, relationship building, and navigating dynamic business operations - to delight guests and exceed financial goals - bring out your best self? Then, Interstate’s Assistant General Manager position may be your best next career move with opportunity to grow!
As Assistant General Manager, you will
- Oversee hotel operations for a newly renovated 207 room property.
- Oversee hotel to ensure a safe, comfortable environment for guests to enjoy and where associates can excel. Get out from behind the desk to observe guest experiences and staff interactions. When complications surface – and they will – make it right for the guest and open channels for associates.
- Build and Foster Front Office Staff. Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Team up with Sales. Brainstorm and implement occupancy and revenue boosting strategies.
- Act as Manager on Duty, when duty calls.
- Keep a pulse on operational and financial performance. Actively participate in the budget process, and accurately forecast for optimal staff and supply levels, maximum flow-through, and exceptional guest experience
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus two to three years’ in hotel company related position, with discipline-specific operations knowledge and supervisory experience is required. Marriott experience preferred. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and switchboard operation knowledge is expected.
This is a great opportunity for growth within Interstate Hotels & Resorts, the largest hotel management company.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
207 Room Hotel
Adjacent to Yale University in Downtown New Haven, the Courtyard by Marriott is the area's newest lodging addition. Surrounded by the beautiful Yale University Campus, we are just steps from area shops and dining establishments. Featuring 207 newly renovated, spacious guest rooms and suites with free in-room high speed wired and wireless Internet, a comfortable sitting area, large work desk, two phones with data ports, in-room coffee service and bathrooms finished in marble and granite. Our lobby has been redesigned creating a modern, sophisticated atmosphere with comfortable seating areas to sit and relax, work, eat, or drink if our guests choose. Complete with media pods, our new Bistro, home theater area, and library. Our fitness center features the latest exercise equipment and our on-site business center is open 24 hours. Near Smilow Cancer Center and Yale-New Haven Hospital.