Posted July 23, 2017 R-124372
You thrive on creating a culture of fairness and compliance and have a keen eye for detail. You are passionate about organization, process and making sure the 'i's are dotted and t's are crossed'. You are inquisitive, have great intuition and enjoy taking initiative. You’re happiest when juggling multiple tasks and getting it right is important to you. Business Partners rave about your excellent service, dedication, integrity and genuine care for all who you support. Interstate’s Senior Manager, Internal Audit position may be a great way for you to reach your potential!
The Senior Manager of Internal Audit will perform or lead teams in performing Internal Audit engagements determined by the company’s annual risk assessment process. The Manager of Internal Audit will have exposure to multiple operating units located both in the US and internationally.
- Supervise and conduct integrated Internal Audits in accordance with the professional standards of Internal Audit to provide assurances regarding the functioning of major financial and operational systems. Determine the scope, objectives, and procedures for assigned Internal Audits and document information to support observations and conclusions.Prepare accurate and well-written Internal Audit Reports and make oral reports to management on observations and recommendations
- Review and evaluate the Sarbanes-Oxley Program for sufficiency of the design and effectiveness of internal controls and supervise and conduct relevant testing on behalf of management of internal controls processes and procedures for 404 certification
- Assess risk factors to identify high risk areas within the organization. Identify and communicate business process inefficiencies or operational issues observed while performing Internal Audits and recommend appropriate solutions
- Assist in the development of an Internal Audit Plan utilizing an enterprise risk assessment model to prioritize risks affecting financial and operational systems
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current Internal Audit tools and techniques; develop andimplement new methodologies that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Internal Audit services
- Assist in training staff and developing presentations to Senior Management and the Audit Committee
- Assist in the development of continuous auditing tools to improve the scope and effectiveness of the internal audit process
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree (Finance and Accounting). CPA, CIA, MBA, or CISA certification preferred.
8 or more years of total experience including strong audit/internal audit or internal control background. Business of Enterprise Risk Management experience a plus. Previous supervisory experience is required.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to bring a customer service perspective to work product and interaction with management. Financial/SOX/IT audit experience preferred. Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization. Good project management skills; deadline driven, organized, anticipates problems and works independently.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.