Posted August 12, 2017 R-126159
Helpful by nature, with a watchful eye, you’re happiest in motion. Upon arrival, you scan the area to see what needs attending. You enjoy tidying up and making sure everything’s in its place. You pitch in to help housekeeping with heavy lifting and attend to guest needs. And you love saving the day when you find that missing treasure, whether expensive valuable or precious sentiment. If you’re ready for a change and want to make a difference, consider an opportunity with Interstate, as Houseperson.
As Houseperson, you will
- Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
- Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
- Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
- Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed.
Prior housekeeping experience is helpful. The ability to communicate effectively in Basic English is required. The ability to operate a vacuum, floor buffer, carpet cleaner and pressure washer is expected.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Weekly schedule varies and includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- On occasion, may be assigned to work at any of the three sister properties (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites), as needed.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
125 Room Hotel
At A Glance
The Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage hotel, a 2016 TripAdvisor Award Winner, is located in midtown Anchorage, just a short drive from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Guests enjoy free 24-hour airport shuttle service and free WiFi access. This hotel is also close to business destinations such as Providence Alaska Medical Center, British Petroleum-BP Exploration, Alaska Regional Hospital, Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, and Alaska Native Medical Center with complimentary shuttle to these select locations. Enjoy local golfing, hiking, and fishing, as well as restaurants and shopping located within walking distance including the Golden Corral, TGI Fridays, Starbucks and many more.
- Newly renovated hotel in midtown Anchorage, just 3 miles from downtown
- Complimentary shuttle from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- On-site dining at the Garden Grille & Bar with room service available
- Complimentary WiFi access throughout hotel
- Over 1,400 sq. ft. of meeting and event space
- Premium Keurig® coffee in every room and free on-site parking