Posted July 13, 2017 R-126169
You have a welcoming personality and helpful nature. You’re happiest when you’re juggling tasks and crave a variety of challenges. You have a passion for order and a gift for communicating understandably. Your active learning and listening skills are tuned to high volume. And you want to learn everything there is to know about Human Resources in hospitality. The Human Resources Coordinator position with Interstate may be an excellent opportunity to exercise your talents, hone your skills and increase your understanding of the discipline.
As Human Resources Coordinator, you will
- Provide overall support to the human resources department, enabling smooth operations in a fast-paced environment. Use your multi-tasking talents to assist with associate and management needs during the employment lifecycle.
- Employ your excellent people skills to help with the hiring process and Employee Relations matters.
- Help ensure safety and regulatory compliance by maintaining employment and termination records and logs and regulatory tracking. Administer OSHA, workers comp, unemployment claims, ensuring effective communication flow between all parties.
- Effectively communicate important info to associates, including benefits, and assist with orientation. Ensure that associate bulletin boards are current, interesting, and include safety info.
- Actively participate in the associate review process and administer payroll action changes timely and accurately.
- Ensure the office is equipped with the supplies needed to function smoothly.
An Associate or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or related field or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum one-year hotel or Human Resources-related experience required. The ability to operate a computer and a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is required. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. Occasional travel is required for recruitment.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
122 Room Extended Stay
At A Glance
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, an award-winning extended stay hotel, is centrally located in midtown Anchorage, near Ted Stevens International Airport. Our guests enjoy newly renovated rooms, complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel and a shuttle service to and from the airport and downtown Anchorage, as well as Merrill Field, convention centers and the Alaska Railroad train station. Ideal for corporate extended stays, our hotel provides convenient access to BP Exploration corporate headquarters, Providence Hospital, Alaska Regional Hospital, and Alaska Native Medical Center.
We've been recognized by travelers through their reviews, earning the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence five years in a row, which puts our hotel in the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame!
Guests can wake up to a complimentary hot full breakfast daily and unwind with our evening social Monday through Thursday. We also have a 24-hour business center and four flexible event spaces for up to 80 guests.
We have 122 newly updated suites featuring studio and one- or two-bedroom options. Each suite has a separate living room with a sofa bed, versatile work space and a flat-screen TV. The fully equipped kitchen includes a two-burner cooktop, refrigerator, microwave and all the necessary utensils. If guests prefer to go out, they'll find a variety of restaurants within walking distance including Lone Star Steakhouse, Golden Corral, TGI Fridays and Applebee's.