Posted July 14, 2017 R-125789
To provide quality phone and guest services to the Corporate Newport Beach Office, while providing general Human Resources and office administration support.
1. Provide full-time receptionist services to the Regional Corporate Newport Beach Office, including answering/directing all incoming calls and accommodating guests. (30%)
2. Provide general HR support to Corporate Director of HR to include, but not limited to: maintaining compliance records; assisting with HR employee relations matter as needed. Serve as a liaison between associates, Executive Committee and Human Resources. Bring all sensitive employee related information to the attention of the Corporate Director of Human Resources. Assist in the coordination and implementation various employee relations programs and events to ensure consistent administration within the CA properties, provide open communications and promote a positive and pro-employee work environment. (45%)
3. Provide facilities support, including: managing FedEx company address book and user accounts; main point of contact for Iron Mountain, Staples; assist with mail/package deliveries. Parking maintenance, office supply purchasing, processing facilities and building-related requests (10%)
4. Maintain and update the Office and Conference Room Calendar on a daily basis. Schedule meetings and coordinate those meetings with appropriate staff and personnel. (5%)
5. Provides administrative support to Executive Vice President of Operations and Leadership Team at the Newport Beach office (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (5%):
1. Assists in the coordination and planning of supporting office activities.
2. Performs special projects and other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School Diploma Required. Associates Degree or Relative Work-Experience in Human Resources Preferred.
Experience: 1 to 3 years of Human Resources administrative experience, preferably in a corporate-office environment.
Skills and Abilities:
Effective Verbal and Written Communication. Positive, outgoing, and upbeat personality; team-player. Microsoft Office – including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Typing proficiency and accuracy, detailed-oriented.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4685 MacArthur Court
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Telephone (949) 783-2500
Interstate Hotels & Resorts Regional Office - Newport Beach, CA
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 440 hotels with 79,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the world. Interstate is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a joint venture between Thayer Lodging Group and Jin Jiang Hotels.
Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.