Posted July 14, 2017 R-126037
The Corporate Regional Manager Technology – US in conjunction with the Regional Director Technology will take an IT leadership role guiding the deployment of hotel technology in their region. This role is expected to deploy and support Interstate’s property technology platform that will become the standard for all corporate and property technology deployments. The Regional Manager Technology establishes and maintains relationships with the business and supports the Regional Director Technology and key stakeholders in assessing the functional and technical impact of business requirements on current and future technology capabilities and platforms. The Regional Manager Technology is responsible for delivering to the project timeline and adherence to project budgets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
Evaluates information technology requirements for hotels and resorts and recommends essential programs. Makes recommendations for changes to the property IT standards to the Regional Director Technology.
Independently plans and carries out the implementation of projects and operational assignments specific to hospitality technology. Runs complex projects/programs from design and development to production, defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation, plans and schedules project deliverables, goals and milestones.
Engages with external IT vendors, hotel brands, suppliers, outsourcing partners and software developers
Provide support as needed to Property Technology Team/Outsourced Vendors.
Liaise with other functional/departmental managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of hospitality systems.
Participates in budgeting and planning
Enforce company and departmental policies and procedures to help ensure compliance
Participates in job related training classes, conventions, and seminars as directed. In addition to performance of essential functions, position may be called upon for aid concerning projects completion, or assisting the Technology teams in what may be deemed as an “Emergency.
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by management
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology related discipline or equivalent experience required. 7+ years experience in technology with an emphasis on project management and implementation. 7+ years experience in Hotel Applications and systems. Experience working with technical staff in a heterogeneous network environment with budgetary, vendor relations and project driven experience.
Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Experience working with outsourcing and outsource partners of key infrastructure ie Data Center, hosted applications.• Problem Solving Skill – Identify and define problems; examine relevant information. Able to choose the correct course of action based on operating procedures and analyzing the issue. Able to analyze cause-and-effect relationships accurately. Use experience and comparison in making decisions.• Communication – Apply effective verbal, nonverbal, and written communication methods to achieve desired results. Demonstrate sufficient business vocabulary to communicate effectively. Communicate technical information to non-technical audience. • Project Management Skill – Identify and plan critical tasks; determine roles and responsibilities of team members; monitor project progress.• Experience with managing technical teams and projects• Experience with the implementation of cloud based/above property systems• Experience preparing RFP for enterprise wide product selection• Technology Literacy - Knowledge of organization’s existing technology infrastructure and understanding of the compatibility issues with existing technology. Understand and appropriately apply existing, new, or emerging technology.• Implementation– Manage the installation of new technology/applications. • Technology Evaluation – Assure that all component technologies continuously meet technical, design, performance, and company specifications. • Change Management – Help people adapt to changes brought on by new technology and help them see the value and benefits of new technology. • Negotiating/Contracting – Organize, prepare, monitor, and evaluate work performed by vendors and consultants. Use negotiation and compromising skills. Ability to write request for proposals, analyze and assess vendor proposals, and assist with monitoring compliance to contract specifications.
Travel required: As necessary based upon project needs. May require International travel.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.