Posted July 14, 2017 R-126049
Responsible for configuration, administration, security, maintenance and operational support of the Human Capital system (Workday). Works with HRIS team to develop and install automated or consistent processes to support efficiencies within company business platforms and ensure compliance to required payroll, employment and operational needs.
Position is responsible for ongoing, daily support of HRIS end users, as well as assisting with development and testing of additional modifications and modules in the system to gain business efficiencies and compliance. Operational support includes acquisitions and dispositions, and certain compliance reporting.
- Deploy HRIS team and manage detailed work plans of HRIS support, aligning resources for both administrative projects (such as minimum wage and union loads, quarterly reporting, annual compliance reporting such as EEO-1, audits), weekly or daily integration support and troubleshooting, and end-user ticket support issues.
- Review bi-annual upgrade modifications from Workday, identifying HCM change impact, developing and conducting test plans, including any downstream or cross disciplinary impact; collaborate with subject matter experts in other modules (Recruiting, Talent Management etc.) to ensure coordinated testing and roll out efforts.
- Collaborate with internal process teams such as payroll, accounting, talent acquisition and IT to identify and establish system requirements, security needs, perform fit/gap assessment, and providing workflow and business process design analysis to ensure ROI, administration performance and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Develop custom reports as needed to support business initiatives of field locations and/or corporate, and using such reports internally to ensure data integrity of system; develop meaningful status and statistical reports regarding system support issues to inform training needs of end users, modify and/or develop training materials and provide the necessary training to meet those needs.
- Actively participate as company-wide Workday subject matter expert on cross-functional teams, committees, project teams etc.; lead change efforts to help enhance and optimize system so that it is being utilized at fullest capacity.
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of experience with Workday HCM. Experience with Workday implementation, integrations, administration, business process set-up and maintenance, reporting etc. Experience leading an HRIS support teams required. Ideal candidate with have both Workday consulting and in house experience in a highly complex, multi-location, multi-state environment with at least 15,000 associates.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, decision-making and organizational abilities. This includes the ability to identify issues and bring about resolution.
- Deep knowledge of database structure and reporting development
- Working knowledge of payroll practices, employment law and tax requirements.
- Proven project management skills, including sound judgment and ability to balance multiple priorities while remaining customer focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Required Knowledge: Working knowledge of HRIS systems (Workday preferred), payroll systems (ADP EV5 preferred), support ticketing systems (Remedy Force preferred), and Windows-based products/Microsoft products (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Preferred Knowledge: exposure to timekeeping systems (ADP Timesaver preferred)
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
125 E. John Carpenter Frwy., Suite 600
Irving, TX 75062
Interstate Hotels & Resorts Regional Office - Irving, TX
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 440 hotels with 79,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the world. Interstate is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a joint venture between Thayer Lodging Group and Jin Jiang Hotels.
Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.