Posted July 17, 2017 R-125928
Every decision you make impacts hotel profitability. And, your passion for moving the needle is infectious. Your straightforward actions convey, “We’re in this together to win,” and inspire and motivate productive exchanges between Sales, Finance and Operations. Tech savvy and analytically minded, navigating multiple distribution channels is effortless. Your inventive approach leveraging what you know is downright magic: determining critical changes in course, charting strategic direction, and negotiating for maximum yield penetration. Financial goal achievement becomes the norm. As Director of Revenue Management and valued business partner with Interstate, you will have the opportunity to do this and more.
As Director of Revenue Management, you will
- Direct and oversee all aspects of revenue management. Exercise your analytical, technical, and innovative powers to develop, recommend, and convey winning sales strategies for maximum revenue and yield penetration. Use your technical expertise to oversee Reservations and Sales Management Systems.
- Provide valuable input into and guidance for the Sales team. Lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching.
- Communicate data and trend findings to Sales, Hotel Operations and Catering. Compile, analyze and interpret data and trends. Effectively communicate to fellow departments, enabling spot-on staffing for exceptional guest experience and optimal flow through. Contribute meaningfully in budget development and management and through the Rate Strategy Committee. Present findings and convey ideas with impactful, concise clarity.
- Recommend and take timely action. Keep a pulse on room inventory and rates to effectively alter course. Negotiate transient, group and catering accounts, ensuring the ideal mix of group, transient and catering contribution for maximum room revenue and optimal flow through.
- Challenge the process. Foster an innovative, collaborative environment and channel your technical expertise to continually rethink existing processes, policies and procedures. Engage fellow departments and stakeholders to effect meaningful change.
A four-year college degree or equivalent is required, with previous experience in Sales, Catering, or Reservations essential. Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills are required. Expertise of hotel reservation systems, sales and catering management systems, and property management systems is expected. The ability to operate a computer, business equipment and software is also expected. This position requires full mobility, with periods of standing and sitting.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
500 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Telephone (919) 833-1120
Raleigh Marriott City Center
400 Room Hotel
Raleigh Marriott City Center offers an elevated experience for business and leisure travelers alike. Unpack and unwind in our stylishly appointed rooms and suites featuring luxurious bedding, flat-panel TVs and room service, or stay productive with our ergonomic workspaces and high-speed Wi-Fi. Concierge Level and Executive Level rooms are available at our hotel for guests seeking privileged lounge access. Start every morning right with a hearty breakfast from Rye Bar and Southern Kitchen, then return for locally sourced comfort food and handcrafted cocktails for lunch and dinner. When it's time to get down to business, host a meeting or conference in our sophisticated event spaces. You can always work up a sweat with a full-body workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center or go for a refreshing dip in the indoor pool. You'll find easy access to a plethora of popular attractions in Raleigh, including PNC Arena, North Carolina State University, NC Museum of History and the Raleigh Convention Center.