Posted July 17, 2017 R-122200
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
777 Aten Road
Coraopolis, PA 15108
Telephone (412) 788-8800
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
318 Room Hotel
Explore Our Hotel
We offer the perfect blend of sophisticated style, modern technology, and friendly service. Guests will be delighted with our location, only six miles from Pittsburgh International Airport; we offer convenient free shuttle transportation to and from the terminals, making the travel experience easy and hassle-free. Downtown Pittsburgh is just a short drive from our hotel as well. Comfortable and stylish rooms and suites boast free Wi-Fi, spacious work desks, and flat-screen TVs, as well as pillow top bedding. Guests will enjoy delicious American fare at the Runner Stone Mill House Restaurant And Bar, our hotel restaurant, or order room service and relax with a meal in their accommodations. We also offer a range of flexible function spaces and planning services.