Posted July 17, 2017 R-126252
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's outlets and banquets, to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all standards.
- Manage human resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, provide open communication, recommend discipline as appropriate.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Promote and complete all assignments related to the Safety Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Performs all essential functions while adhering to all SOP's and future food programs to ensure a consistent, quality product.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Develop and implement menus, records, production lists, pars, training within corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality and sanitation.
Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus. Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES - 1-10 Associates
Skilled in all facets of our business or specific area of specialty. Highly capable with current practices and processes and looks ahead at opportunities to utilize new products, consumer trends, changes in the marketplace, and technology edge. Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues and problems. Reflects on their experience to determine numerous future possibilities and outcomes. Can see how the details fit into the big picture. Is a highly capable and resourceful problem solver. Manages the creative process within the business or department to develop unique solutions. Leverages creative solutions in the organization resulting in competitive advantages. Makes great decisions.
Effectively divides, assigns, and delegates work to meet business objectives and goals. Communicates direction and purpose of work resulting in associate ownership, pride, and quality outcomes. Is able to assess how associates can improve performance and guides their developmental path. Is able to motivate and develop associates to their potential and create promotable talent for the organization.
Energy and Drive
Is a competitive person who is consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals. Creates a sense of urgency in matters that will impact the success of their business objectives.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Welcoming and warm personality. Demonstrates genuine care for customers and associates. Sets the tone for others in stressful situations by responding in a cool, calm, and collected way. Creates confidence and trust with others and is viewed by others as honest and direct. Is comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels. Can create an environment where associates thrive and actively seek approval of the manager. Conveys trust in associates and elevates their confidence by encouraging decision making and learning opportunities. Is a self-improver who develops a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation. Builds high performing teams and compels them to embrace a shared vision for success.
Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within culinary and hospitality.
Requires oral and written communication skills.
Requires moderate hearing to communicate with employees and to hear machinery for safety reasons. Requires excellent vision for safety reasons. Requires moderate speech communications to communicate with other employees. Requires excellent comprehension and literacy to be able to read and write as well as analyze to fulfill budget.
Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying: All of these functions are essential primarily because of the heavy production associated with Banquets. Items include food, small equipment -75% of the time. Bending of the knees does become necessary when using the lower oven for cooking, 5-10 times a day. Mobility -full range of mobility and the ability to travel 30-50 feet on a regular basis throughout the day. Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting, usually all day. Must have moderate hearing to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff. Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately. Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
15575 Jimmy Durante Blvd.
Del Mar, CA 92014-1901
Telephone (858) 792-5200
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
257 Room Hotel
At A Glance
We are a tranquil getaway at our Hilton San Diego/Del Mar hotel. Our prime Del Mar location is less than a mile from beautiful beaches, across the street from Del Mar Racetrack and close to San Diego’s most popular attractions. Visitors can take advantage of our complimentary transportation within a five-mile radius of the hotel. Guests can explore first-class amenities such as our beautiful outdoor pool and on-site dining.
- Across the street from the famous Del Mar Racetrack and Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Complimentary WiFi access
- Fresh cuisine and daily happy hour specials at coastalKITCHEN restaurant
- Complimentary transportation within a 5-mile radius
- 6,000 sq. ft. Del Mar Ballroom, perfect for a Del Mar special event
- 2015 TripAdvisor Certiciate of Excellence Award winner