Posted July 17, 2017 R-126329
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
5400 Plantation Road
Captiva, FL 33924
Telephone (239) 472-5111
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Beach Attendant
- Bell Staff
- Catering Sales Manager
- Conference Services Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Floor Care Technician
- Food Runner/Busser
- Front Desk Agent
- General Maintenance Technician
- Golf Cart Attendant
- Golf Course Landscaper
- Group Sales Manager
- Housekeeping Dispatcher
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Leisure Sales Manager
- Line Cook III
- Outlet Cashier @ Scoops
- Pool Attendant
- Recruiting Manager
- Restaurant Cashier
- Restaurant Cashier
- Room Attendant
- Room Attendant
- Security Office
- Starbucks Barista
South Seas Island Resort
471 Room Resort
Family. Nature. Comfort.
For decades, generations of guests have made South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island the vacation destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. Our iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As a quiet retreat, the resort is a destination rich in recreation and wondrous natural beauty. Feel at home in a variety of accommodations, ranging from comfortable hotel rooms, charming condominiums and cottages, to private homes and villas. A Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine, this inviting oasis allows the discovery of native Florida and its extraordinary splendor.
Experience our resort village and wildlife sanctuary with boundless opportunity for both adventure and relaxation. Uncover the infinite possibilities that exist within this island getaway, poised to inspire and delight both the young, and the young at heart.
- Located directly on the Gulf of Mexico on Captiva Island, Florida
- An array of accommodations from Harbourside Guestrooms, to one-, two- and three- bedroom condominiums and cottages. Two to Six Bedroom private homes are also available.
- South Seas offers an array of activities for guests of all ages
- Delicious on-site dining
- Endless recreation and exciting land and water activities
- Bordered by two-and-a-half miles of private white-sand beach
- 35 miles from South West Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Just 32 miles from Fort Myers, yet provides a peaceful, secluded-island feel