Posted July 17, 2017 R-126336
*New position being added to the team as we gear up for great things to happen!
JOB TITLE: Sales Manager, Group
REPORTS TO: Director of Group Sales
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan, solicit, book and coordinate group room sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for negotiating room rates, dates and space for large groups/accounts.
1. Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals. (50%)
2. Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects. (25%)
3. Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals. (10%)
4. Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share. (6%)
5. Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects. (6%)
1. Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals. (2%)
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested. (1%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
Experience: One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
No. of employees supervised: No supervisory responsibility
Travel required: Local travel
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
490 Room Resort
Surrounded by world-famous Disney theme parks, local attractions, shopping, dining and entertainment, Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort is at the heart of the best things to do in Southern California. As a Disneyland family hotel that is perfect for our guests and their cast of characters, we offer a comfortable and inviting space for their family's vacation or business trip. They can relax amongst our tropical surroundings while enjoying a host of amenities in one of our 490 well appointed guest rooms.
Theme parks, shopping, dining, entertainment—and that’s just within a block of our front door! Guests are never far from something to see or do at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort. It’s all part of your “very VIP” experience with us, where they are not just a guest, but our family.