Posted October 7, 2017 R-127092
You are passionate about compensation programs and enjoy evaluating market data to ensure competitive and equitable wages throughout the organization. You're excited about educating employees on the great benefits and rewards programs the company offers. You love to analyze compensation and benefits data and information to ensure that you can make the best recommendations on company projects and initiatives. You’re inquisitive by nature and have a keen eye for details. You’re happiest when juggling multiple tasks and getting it right is important to you. Business Partners and associates rave about your excellent service and the genuine care and support that you provide them. If this sounds like you, then Interstate’s Compensation and Benefits Analyst position may be the match for you!
As a Compensation and Benefits Analyst you will:
- Perform job analysis, position evaluation, and market pricing to ensure consistency in internal titling, job descriptions and salary recommendations for newly created positions, new hires and/or in retention situations.
- Answer associate inquiries on compensation and benefit matters.Ensure systems are updated with appropriate corrections as necessary.
- Research, collect, and analyze data to make recommendations for adjustments to structures and programs (i.e. hotel pay class, geographic differentials, and minimum and tipped wages) that affect corporate and field positions to ensure the organization remains competitive and compliant.
- Assist in writing, updating and maintain job descriptions catalog for all positions.
- Support the ongoing day-to-day administration of the health & welfare and retirement plans.
- Assist with collecting and analyzing data that affects participation, cost and management of the benefit plan, including health, paid time off (PTO) and retirement.This includes studies for new acquisitions.
- Complete market and salary survey submissions in a timely and accurate manner; manage internal salary survey database.
- Assist in the complete life cycle of the Annual Enrollment process, including participation in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).Assist in developing, editing and delivering communications for both the field and corporate offices.
- Perform Ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field. Minimum of three (3) – five (5) years of experience in a related role. Knowledge of basic benefits, compensation and human resources theory and principles. Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills. Critical thinking, analytical skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to navigate various payroll and HR systems. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to individuals both verbally and in writing.
This position is based in our Arlington, VA Corporate Office.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.