Posted August 9, 2017 R-127464
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Guard with Interstate. It could be you.
As Security Guard, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
The Hamilton Crowne Plaza
318 Room Hotel
Unique among hotels in Washington, Crowne Plaza® The Hamilton - Washington D.C. is a historic, boutique-style property with every modern amenity a business or leisure traveler needs, including complimentary Wi-Fi, easy access to power and seamless service. As a hotel near the White House, Washington Monument, United States Capitol and many more attractions, Crowne Plaza Washington is the ideal place to stay to experience the history of this dynamic city.
Our Washington hotel is conveniently located for business travelers as well. The city’s convention center is a short walk away, as are companies and agencies such as IBM, the Associated Press, the Department of Justice and the EPA.
For meeting planners, our certified Meetings Director, Daily Meetings Debrief and two-hour response guarantee on RFPs will ensure that every event runs smoothly from start to finish. Our clients can expect all of the latest technology and flexible catering options to suit any meeting, big or small.