Posted August 9, 2017 R-127162
BASIC PURPOSE: Oversee the planning and managing of the operations of a region of hotels to achieve customer (guests, associates, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the oversight of the Crossroad's General Managers at a region of hotels and the short and long term planning and ensuring a good and continued relationship with the owners’ of the hotels. Responsible for reviewing and approving the hotel's budget, marketing plans and business plans. Position is responsible for the direct supervision of the hotel's General Manager and the indirect supervision of all hotel associates. Position has regular contact with the hotel owners to provide information and discuss operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Include but not limited to:
1. Manage the Human Resources of the hotel Crossroad's General Managers in the region in order to attract, retain and motivate the GMs; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
2. Ensure hotel’s compliance in the implementation of company programs (IHR/Franchiser), development and management of property programs and management of the operations of the hotel in a manner consistent with the requirements of; the Management contract, the Franchise agreement, Federal/State laws and regulations and IHR's policies and procedures to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, limit liabilities and maximize profits.
3. Manage and oversee the relationship with the owner’s of the hotels and ensure that good owner relations are maintained between the GMs and their respective hotel owners.
4. Ensure General Managers are developing, recommending, implementing and managing the hotel's annual and long term operation, sales and marketing, capital, revenue, expense and profit goals to meet/exceed owner and corporate management expectations.
5. Perform special projects as requested (5%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Five to ten years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities: Requires advanced knowledge of the hospitality and business management fields. Requires considerable working knowledge of other major areas and the skill to integrate and communicate that information. Requires studying, analyzing and interpreting complex activities or information in order to improve current practices or develop new approaches. Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance. Requires highly developed communication skills to interface with executives at all organizational levels; owners, investors, associates and guests.
No. of associates supervised: 10 - 30 associates
Travel required: Frequent travel is required for visiting hotels and owners as needed
Hours Required: 50 to 60 over a 5 to 6 day period; flexible; days and times may vary based on need.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.