Posted August 15, 2017 R-127738
You LOVE sales; but you’re most passionate about strategically driving peak outcomes and orchestrating talent to make it happen. Does this resonate with you? Then, Interstate’s Director of Sales position may be your next winning lead!
The NEWLY RENOVATED Crowne Plaza LA Harbor Hotel is in search for a Director of Sales who is sales hungry! You are a team player, mentoring and leading by example comes second hand. You are well experienced in SMERF group business and are the talk of the city with your community involvement. This opportunity is for a sales professional who is eager to re-position a hotel, grow market share and leave the local competition in the dust!
In addition to delivering top-notch service, our ideal candidate is someone who has IHG and local market experience. The candidate will have a strong and successful track record of driving ADR & RevPAR, maximizing profits and great revenue management skills. Teamwork, relationship building, job excellence and integrity & respect are just a few key core values we are looking for!
As Director of Sales, you will
- Manage all aspects of the sales and marketing division. Provide the strategic vision for maximum hotel sales generation and optimal revenue growth.
- Lead a talented sales team that makes the vision reality. You create an environment energized by the art of the possible, where talented, win-driven professionals are excited to join, learn, exceed their best, and advance. You lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Effectively channel your knowledge of the competitive landscape. Assess the effectiveness of company programs to determine optimum revenues using Interstate system reports and market data, in order to innovate.
- Forge relationships and build rapport. Cultivate, enhance and leverage external and internal relationships to elevate hotel and market share awareness and drive business.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure the division’s sales plan is on budget to meet or exceed revenue expectations and profit goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent experience or education is required. Five years experience within hotels sales, with two years minimum as department head (such as Director, Group Sales) is required, also. Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical. Expect local travel, weekly. And, national or international travel is possible four to five times per year.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel
244 Room Hotel
In this Los Angeles seaport town, you can enjoy cultural attractions, thriving businesses and a great coastal climate year-round. Recently renovated in cool hues with pops of color, our property is the place to stay!
At the Crowne Plaza® Los Angeles Harbor hotel you are near the Port of Los Angeles, USS IOWA Battleship and Long Beach Convention Center. With almost 17,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, our hotel is a great location for business and social events. We also have a Business Center, dedicated Crowne Meetings Director and Daily Meeting Debriefs, making us "The Place to Meet."
Our hotel is within minutes of the Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach Convention Center, Terrace Theater, cruise and ferry terminals, historic Fort MacArthur and the HMS Queen Mary. You can play a round of golf at the nearby Trump National Golf Club or hop a ferry to Catalina Island for the day or weekend visit to Crafted at POLA. For a relaxing evening, spend time at the San Pedro Gateway, watch the dancing waters and light show of the Fanfare Fountain.
Masters of the art of hospitality, our friendly staff will make sure your stay is excellent. You can start your day with a Guaranteed Wake-Up Call and enjoy our outdoor pool with peak-a-boo views of the harbor, fitness center and Blu Restaurant and Lounge.