Posted September 13, 2017 R-120909
You’re welcoming by nature and have a knack for remembering details. You’re happiest when juggling tasks and getting it right is important to you. You have a flair for taste tempting, the gift of persuasion, and an aim to please. Your excellent service and genuine care is appreciated, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Interstate’s Restaurant Server position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
As a Restaurant Server, you will
- Deliver prompt, excellent service to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Offer helpful guidance with menu offerings, responding knowledgeably to questions.
- Help with dessert and beverage preparation and ensure all dishes present well and are to order before serving promptly to guests.
- Periodically check in to ensure guest needs are met, then graciously present an accurate check and collect payment at the conclusion of the meal.
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required. One year of server experience is helpful. Successful TIPs training and the ability to use Interstate order and payment systems is expected. This position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds and pushing food carts up to 100 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1001 South Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Telephone (504) 525-0044
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
284 Room Hotel
At A Glance
When guests stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel, they are just one block from the New Orleans Morial Convention Center and in walking distance of French Quarter attractions and restaurants. The Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel is the ideal place to stay for guests who want to discover everything New Orleans has to offer.
Guests seeking out the delights of New Orleans are just a streetcar stop from the Riverwalk and Harrah’s Casino and are at the foot of the famed French Quarter. Business guests will appreciate the complimentary 24-hour Business Center with a vast array of professional amenities. For their meeting or reception needs we offer over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space including the Garden Ballroom—which boasts 2,700 sq. ft. of continuous space plus pre-function foyer. Guests can enjoy dining selections at the Garden Grille & Bar and treats to go from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®.
- Walking distance to the French Quarter, Harrah’s Casino and CBD
- Situated in the heart of the Arts and Warehouse District
- Centrally located to the Garden District and the West Bank of New Orleans
- Rooftop swimming pool, hot tub and patio
- Over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and complimentary WiFi throughout hotel