Posted September 6, 2017 R-128480
You wake up ready and excited to greet a day full of numbers and spreadsheets. You get a rush when you successfully complete that latest financial statement to the penny. You enjoy working on reconciling accounts…each one is like figuring out a puzzle to you. The day promises to be busy and you love being productive. We sure can use your enthusiasm and abilities as a Staff Accountant with Interstate Hotels & Resorts!
As a General Ledger Staff Accountant, you will:
- Prepare and record journal entries for corporate and wholly-owned hotel entities
- Analyze daily deposit and wire activity and determine accurate coding
- Communicate with various departments and individuals to ensure complete, timely and accurate GL coding
- Prepare various account reconciliation schedules; flux analysis (variance explanations)
- Perform bank reconciliations for domestic and international cash accounts
- Provide support during annual audits
- Prepare supporting schedules for annual US GAAP financials
Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Accounting/Finance or related field. Must have at least two (2) years of relevant experience. Very thorough, detail-oriented, strong communication skills, ability to meet competing deadlines, excellent interpersonal skills, advanced Excel skills. This position requires the ability to compile facts and figures. Lawson and/or Blackline experience is a plus.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.