Posted September 6, 2017 R-128974
Relating to people with ease is first nature to you. Associates from line level to senior manager seek your counsel because you’re trustworthy, solution-minded, and knowledgeable. You maneuver conflict into problem solving and have a proven record of achieving department and business goals. As Human Resources Director with Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your expert knowledge and showcase your talents as a respected team and Executive Committee member.
As Human Resources Director, you will
- Manage and attend to daily department operations and participate in total management as an Executive Committee member. Skillfully apply your knowledge to protect employees and the brand. And as a respected member of the Executive Committee, you play an integral role in leadership.
- Ensure sustained healthy retention. Plan and manage all aspects of talent acquisition. You enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. You model the way, by embracing and championing the culture, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Share your knowledge by educating associates and managers. Employ your love of learning to coach, develop, and celebrate recognition. Educate associates on programs, help managers with Employee Relations matters, and create solutions out of conflict.
- Partner with management and finance. You will develop and monitor the department’s budget. Keep a pulse on the competitors’ compensation and benefits and employee satisfaction to meet and exceed business goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus four to five years in a hotel company related position. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasional travel is required.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
7800 Normandale Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55439
Telephone (952) 835-7800
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington - Minneapolis South
574 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Conveniently located just off I-494 and Hwy 100, our inviting Bloomington, MN hotel is only ten minutes from Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport (MSP) and the world-famous Mall of America.
Guests can choose from a variety of comfortable guest rooms and suites including pool-side rooms with balconies, whirlpool suites and Executive level accommodations. They can stay connected in the comfort of their room with WiFi, or catch up with work in the business center.
Offering 70,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space, including two elegant ballrooms, our hotel in Bloomington, MN presents the perfect venue for anyone's next event. Meetings, conventions, social occasions and weddings are a specialty at our hotel south of Minneapolis. We provide professional planning and dedicated catering services from our friendly banquet staff.
- Prime Bloomington, MN hotel location near entertainment, shopping and dining outlets
- Complimentary parking and shuttle to MSP Airport and Mall of America
- Hotel in Bloomington, MN hotel with 38 modern meeting rooms; over 70,000 sq. ft. of event space
- Comfortable lodging near Mall of America with suites and executive rooms
- On-site dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and full bar at Crescent Kitchen
- Modern fitness center and large whirlpool