Posted September 12, 2017 R-128989
Your memory is sharp, you have a knack for matching people with experiences, and you’re quick on your feet. Frequent guests and VIPs know you because you’re on top of the property’s offerings and “get” their needs. Your mind races with possibilities and you love the challenge of making the most out of each for hotel profit and sales goal wins. It’s not just a job. It’s an incredible opportunity to gain sales knowledge and impact the bottom line. Perhaps a Reservations Agent position with Interstate is a good match for your next career step?
As Reservations Agent, you will
- Handle all telephone reservations and changes with prompt courtesy, taking care to apply the hotel’s selling strategy and your thorough understanding of the offerings and segmenting, in order to beat sales goals, increase revenue and maximize profit.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, actively listen and apply telesales techniques to capture transient and outside sales. Know your VIPs and frequent guest program members to effectively apply perks and preferences.
- Keep a pulse on room availability and the wait list, offering alternate arrangements on closeout dates. Resourcefully fill and block rooms, communicating updates and difficulties, and ensuring group cover accuracy and entry.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with further education helpful. Previous data entry and telephone experience also is helpful. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. The ability to make accurate, efficient entries into the reservations system is essential. Must possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills. The ability to operate a telephone, computer and various software is expected.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
333 West Kilbourne Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Telephone (414) 276-1234
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Bar Back
- Bar Server
- Cook I
- Director of Banquets
- Director of Catering
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Night Audit
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant (PM)
- Sales Coordinator
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
481 Room Hotel
Experience Brew City the way it was meant to be seen - from our sensational hotel in Milwaukee, WI. Whether in town for a business meeting or family getaway, Hyatt Regency is the ideal place for visitors to stay to explore the area, be productive, and feel at home. Located adjacent to the Wisconsin Center, our hotel in the downtown district perfectly complements the convention center with over 33,000 square feet of stylish event space, ideal for social galas, weddings, conferences, and executive meetings.
What Makes A Seamless Stay:
- Contemporary accommodations: Relax in spacious rooms and suites with plush Hyatt Grand Beds®, complimentary Wi-Fi, 32” flat screen TVs, and in-room coffee makers.
- Business friendly amenities: Stay connected with free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, a full-service business center with 24-hour access, and 23 high-tech meeting rooms.
- Connected to Wisconsin Center: An enclosed walkway connects the hotel to the Convention Center, with 188,695 sq. ft. of exhibit space and 32 meeting/breakout rooms.
- Weddings to remember: Our beautifully renovated rooftop ballroom, Vue, features unrivaled panoramic views of the downtown Milwaukee and is the ideal space for weddings and receptions.
- Market fresh cuisine: Join us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Bistro 333, serving regionally inspired cuisine and sip refreshing hand-crafted cocktails Bar 333.