Posted October 12, 2017 R-129200
You are the right hand of the Food & Beverage Director. You have a watchful eye and an attentive nature that’s perpetually tuned in to server care and guest need. You generously share what you know and transfer issues into constructive opportunities.
Communications are fluid between management and shifts and operations are smooth. Your energy is high and potential for growth considerable. A Food & Beverage Supervisor position with Interstate may be a great opportunity for you to realize your full potential.
As Food & Beverage Supervisor, you will
- Use your experience and attentive nature to assist the Food & Beverage Director in all aspects of restaurant operations to elevate the guest experience and ensure associate safety. Ensure overall restaurant cleanliness and set up. Help restaurant managers conduct menu classes and taste panels.
- Oversee servers and Dining Room Attendants to ensure optimal appearance and exceptional guest care, watchful of guests’ need for service.
- Help the manager establish and monitor sidework and maintain the bank.
- Ensure receipt and accurate flow of communications between shifts. Be aware of what happened in the prior shift and clearly convey happenings for the next. Keep a pulse on and manage staffing needs. Ensure the manager is informed of special events, house counts and noteworthy situations.
High school education or equivalent, with one to two years cash handling experience required. Host and serving experience is also helpful. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. The ability to use purchasing and point of sale systems is expected. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
31500 Wick Road
Romulus, MI 48174
Telephone (734) 721-3315
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Catering Sales Manager
- Cook II
- Cook III
- Dishwasher (w/Benefits)
- F&B Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Guest Services Manager
- Housekeeper (w/Benefits!)
- Housekeeping Houseperson
- Lead Bartender
- Night Auditor
- Public/Lobby Area Attendant (w/Benefits)
- Restaurant Busser
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server (w/Benefits)
- Room Attendant (w/benefits)
- Shuttle Driver - Part Time
- Skilled Painter (w/Benefits)
- Sous Chef
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
274 Room Hotel
Guests can experience our chef's culinary expertise at our on-site restaurant, mETRO pOLIS, or grab a delicious Starbucks latte at our bakery, Jyllian's. We also have a 24-hour business center, the perfect place to prepare for meetings at the nearby Ford or General Motors world headquarters. Need to impress a client? The Radisson offers nearly 11,000 square feet of professional meeting space. At the end of the day, we invite guests to stop by our fitness center to let off some steam.
- Complimentary airport shuttle service
- On-site restaurant—mETRO pOLIS
- Jyllian's Bakery, serving Starbucks coffee and lattes
- Fitness center, open 24 hours
- 24-hour business center