Posted October 12, 2017 R-129228
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
2800 Via Cabrillo Marina
San Pedro, CA 90731
Telephone (310) 514-3344
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro - Port of Los Angeles
226 Room Hotel
About the DoubleTree San Pedro Hotel
Imagine our guests waking up to the gentle murmur of a sheltered marina, breathing in the crisp sea air and then walking to a bustling market or soft-sand beach. All without having to endure the grind of Los Angeles traffic.
In the L.A. Waterfront, that's what they'll find at the DoubleTree by Hilton San Pedro-Port of Los Angeles–a Mediterranean style hotel set just minutes from the World Cruise Center and downtown San Pedro.
Close to Attractions, Far From The Clamor
The ceaseless drone of jammed city streets won't reach anyone here. Like an urban oasis, our hotel rests along San Pedro's tranquil Cabrillo Marina–tucked away from busy roads, yet within walking distance of a powdery beach, a popular aquarium and a charming seaside plaza. Visitors can include a stay with us as part of their cruise ship holiday and you'll be less than 3 miles from the World Cruise Center.
- Situated on the Port of Los Angeles near the World Cruise Center
- 2 blocks from Cabrillo Aquarium and family-friendly Cabrillo Beach
- Large heated outdoor pool and whirlpool
- Spacious guest rooms with private balconies and marina views
- 16,000 sq. ft. of space in 12 meeting and event rooms for San Pedro weddings