Posted September 13, 2017 R-129309
You love a party! But, even more, you love building one. The more intricate the better. Energized by a fast-pace and myriad moving pieces, you’re at your best deciphering banquet orders, orchestrating teams, and rising to the unforeseen. Creative, with a pulse on what’s emerging, your valuable contributions to theme and package development are trend bending. Guiding with respect and sharing what you know, your trusted, cohesive team delivers without a hitch. Result? Recurring events and a steady flow of new business become the norm. A Director of Catering position with Interstate may be a great opportunity to make an impact and realize your potential.
As Director of Catering, you will
- Oversee and manage all aspects of catering operations. Proven experience and demonstrated knowledge to manage daily operations, ensuring smooth functions, fluid communications between internal staff, fellow departments and external resources. Analyze complex banquet orders to ensure efficient set-up and flawless execution.
- Lead a diverse, motivated team of catering and event professionals. Skillfully manage the team by creating an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Provide strategic input to elevate the guest experience and achieve financial success. Partner closely with Sales and fellow departments, helping achieve revenue and financial goals. Contribute meaningfully to Budget input and management. Keep a pulse on daily revenue and expense, to minimize loss and maximize profit. Create packages, menus and themes, with awareness of competition and trend, elevating guest experience, leveraging function space, and achieving sales and revenue goals.
- Take measures to protect guests, associates, and the asset. Take necessary action to ensure guest comfort, associate safety, and protect ownership interests, by ensuring event space is well equipped and fully functioning.
This position requires at least two years’ post high school education (a four-year college degree is preferred)with four years’ experience in a related position. Advanced knowledge of catering, hospitality, and food and beverage industries is expected. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. The ability to regularly operate business equipment and software is expected. This position requires fast-paced full mobility, with occasional lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
50 Ferncroft Road
Danvers, MA 01923
Telephone (978) 777-2500
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Houseperson
- Director of Catering
- Executive Chef
- F&B Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Manager
- Housekeeping/Lobby Attendant
- Housekeeping/Room Attendant
- Lifeguards - On Call
- Line Cook
- Restaurant Busser
- Restaurant Host/Hostess
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service
- Room Service
- Water Park Arcade Attendant
- Water Park Kitchen Supervisor
- Waterpark Party Host/Hostess
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
363 Room Hotel
At A Glance
DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, located 19 miles from downtown Boston and Logan International Airport, is at the intersection of I-95 and US1 in Danvers, MA. Only a 10-minute drive to Salem, MA, we are near Boston’s historic North Shore coastal towns.
Our Danvers, MA hotel provides simple comforts for business travelers and families including complimentary WiFi and American cuisine at TradeWinds Restaurant & Lounge, and we proudly brew Starbucks® in The Coffee Shop. Our on-site Atlantis Sports Club & Spa features a full gym, indoor pool and spa. Get wet and wild with the family at CoCo Key Boston North Shore, one of the largest indoor water parks in New England, located on site.
All guest rooms feature 50" flat-screen HDTVs with premium channels and large workstations. Upgrade to deluxe and executive rooms for added amenities or private lounge access. Take advantage of our family rooms with a semi-private sleeping area featuring two toddler beds, additional TV, mini-fridge and microwave.
Host your next corporate event, social gathering or wedding at our North Shore hotel with 30,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space. Choose from a variety of spaces ranging from intimate boardrooms to our 10,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom. Our meeting and event space’s convenient amenities include complimentary WiFi, on-site catering and a dedicated events team.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Danvers, MA hotel with our signature warm DoubleTree cookie!
- Located off the I-95 and US-1 intersection in Danvers, MA
- Comfortable rooms equipped with 50" HDTVs
- Complimentary WiFi & parking; full onsite gym, spa and indoor pool
- Executive Floor rooms including midweek Executive Lounge access
- On-site CoCo Key indoor water park and arcade
- American cuisine in TradeWinds Restaurant & Lounge
- 30,000 sq. ft. of flexible Boston meeting facilities for up to 1,400 guests