Posted October 12, 2017 R-130749
Your memory is sharp, you have a knack for matching people with experiences, and you’re quick on your feet. Frequent guests and VIPs know you because you’re on top of the property’s offerings and “get” their needs. Your mind races with possibilities and you love the challenge of making the most out of each for hotel profit and sales goal wins. It’s not just a job. It’s an incredible opportunity to gain sales knowledge and impact the bottom line. Perhaps a Reservations Agent position with Interstate is a good match for your next career step?
As Reservations Agent, you will
- Handle all telephone reservations and changes with prompt courtesy, taking care to apply the hotel’s selling strategy and your thorough understanding of the offerings and segmenting, in order to beat sales goals, increase revenue and maximize profit.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, actively listen and apply telesales techniques to capture transient and outside sales. Know your VIPs and frequent guest program members to effectively apply perks and preferences.
- Keep a pulse on room availability and the wait list, offering alternate arrangements on closeout dates. Resourcefully fill and block rooms, communicating updates and difficulties, and ensuring group cover accuracy and entry.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with further education helpful. Previous data entry and telephone experience also is helpful. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. The ability to make accurate, efficient entries into the reservations system is essential. Must possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills. The ability to operate a telephone, computer and various software is expected.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
2301 S.E. 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Telephone (954) 525-6666
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
384 Room Hotel
What Makes A Stay Seamless:
- Rooms with views: 384 guestrooms and suites featuring private balconies with spectacular views, contemporary décor and large flat-screen TVs
- Waterfront location: Guests can take a stroll along the waterfront and take advantage of nearby boat rentals, fishing charters, and marina activities
- Diverse dining experiences: Visitors can enjoy five fantastic on-site restaurants, from fine dining to poolside cocktails to waterfront burgers at Pelican Landing
- Memorable meetings: We can host a meeting or special celebration in our 30,000 square feet of event space, with dramatic downtown skyline views
- Easy access to transportation: Located 2 miles from Port Everglades cruise terminal and 3 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport