Posted October 12, 2017 R-130579
You’re the guardian of the property. You understand the myriad details but have full command of the big picture, from maintenance planning to budget management. You ensure the physical plant is sound, that everything inside operates optimally and the grounds are well kept and safe. You know that guests expect it for their comfort and enjoyment, associates require it for their safety, and stakeholders demand it for the protection of their asset. You generously share what you know and the enthusiasm for what you do draws talent that’s highly skilled and loyal. If this resonates with you, Interstate’s Director of Engineering position may be a great opportunity for you.
As the Director of Engineering, you will
- Oversee and manage all aspects of facilities management to ensure the safety and security of guests and associates and protect the asset for investors and owners. Use your extensive knowledge and talent for team management to ensure operations are smooth and facilities fully functioning for optimal guest experience.
- Lead a skilled team of engineers. Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse, motivated team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on the division’s budget. Use your extensive experience and knowledge to develop and manage the division’s budget and capital expenditure plan. Manage the renovation bidding process and contractor oversight to ensure quality work at minimal cost, consistent with maintaining optimal operations and meeting management expectations.
- Do what it takes to maintain a safe guest and work environment and protect the asset. Develop and direct emergency programs; ensure equipment is well maintained and maintenance contracts are expertly negotiated and valid; and, conduct inspections and drills.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul Downtown
208 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Situated in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, the Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown is an elegant all-suite hotel conveniently located near some of the area’s biggest corporations and most popular attractions. The newly renovated, spacious two-room suites provide modern styling and the amenities needed for working, vacationing with family and feeling comfortable.
Stay connected through our 24-hour BusinessLink™ business center and in-room internet access. Unwind in the modern fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor pool. Start your day off right with a full, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast including the famous Embassy Suites omelets. Take the opportunity to relax at the nightly Evening Reception that serves up drinks, snacks and great conversation.
Discover flexible function spaces and conference rooms, including the lush open-air atrium, unique among downtown St. Paul hotels. Let the dedicated event professionals at Embassy Suites create an elegant St. Paul wedding venue or the perfect site for a business meeting.
- Downtown St. Paul hotel near Xcel Energy Center
- Newly renovated two-room St. Paul hotel suites with microwave and refrigerator
- Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center
- Complimentary Evening Reception & cooked-to-order breakfast in open-air atrium
- St. Paul, Minnesota hotel offering a shuttle within a 5-mile radius (for nominal fee)
- 5,000 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space