Posted October 12, 2017 R-130760
Position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the kitchen. Monitors food and labor costs. Assists Executive Chef in creating and implementing menu and production changes.
1. Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all IHR/Franchise standards.
2. Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
3. Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
4. Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
5. Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
5300 East Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75206
Telephone (214) 520-7969
The Highland Dallas, Curio – a Collection by Hilton
198 Room Hotel
Welcome to The Highland Dallas
Originally opened in the 1960’s as the Hilton Inn Dallas, our newly reimagined lifestyle hotel is as distinctive and exhilarating as the city it calls home, offering relaxed style surrounded by the best shops, restaurants and nightlife Dallas has to offer.
Visitors can discover a rich abundance of contrasts: Historic mid-century architecture infused with modern energy and décor. Upscale yet thoroughly unstuffy ambiance and service. Sophisticated luxury merged with a casual, live-in-the-moment spirit; all created to delight passionate travelers seeking a unique adventure with every stay. We hope visitors think of us as “high end without a trace of highbrow.”
A Delicious, Upscale Texas Steakhouse
With Knife restaurant, 3 time James Beard-nominated and “Top Chef” contestant John Tesar brings a fresh, new steakhouse dining experience to The Highland Dallas. The menu features all-natural born and raised Texas meats, complementing “old school” classics like 45-day dry-aged sirloin and bone-in rib eye with “new school” evolutions that include culotte and flat iron. In addition to larger “slabs” of meat for group dining — including an 18-hour braised crispy pig’s head — the menu is rounded out by an extensive charcuterie program, bacon and ham tastings, sausages, sandwiches, salads and pasta dishes.
In addition to a sophisticated dining room, Knife offers a flagstone garden patio with a fireplace. A private dining room with its own lounge and fireplace is available for special events.