Posted October 19, 2017 R-130772
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
31500 Wick Road
Romulus, MI 48174
Telephone (734) 721-3315
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Catering Sales Manager
- Cook II
- Cook III
- Dishwasher (w/Benefits)
- F&B Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Guest Services Manager
- Housekeeper (w/Benefits!)
- Housekeeping Houseperson
- Lead Bartender
- Night Auditor
- Public/Lobby Area Attendant (w/Benefits)
- Restaurant Busser
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server (w/Benefits)
- Room Attendant (w/benefits)
- Shuttle Driver - Part Time
- Skilled Painter (w/Benefits)
- Sous Chef
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
274 Room Hotel
Guests can experience our chef's culinary expertise at our on-site restaurant, mETRO pOLIS, or grab a delicious Starbucks latte at our bakery, Jyllian's. We also have a 24-hour business center, the perfect place to prepare for meetings at the nearby Ford or General Motors world headquarters. Need to impress a client? The Radisson offers nearly 11,000 square feet of professional meeting space. At the end of the day, we invite guests to stop by our fitness center to let off some steam.
- Complimentary airport shuttle service
- On-site restaurant—mETRO pOLIS
- Jyllian's Bakery, serving Starbucks coffee and lattes
- Fitness center, open 24 hours
- 24-hour business center