Posted March 20, 2017 R-111385
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
160 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Nestled in the heart of Hollywood within the city of Los Angeles, the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood hotel offers an ideal location for business and leisure travelers. Our modern hotel is just a short walk, drive or commuter trek to many prominent corporations and attractions including; Disney / DreamWorks Studios, Sony Pictures Studios, Capitol Records, Warner Brothers, Eastman Kodak, Deliotte and Touche, and Coca Cola. Visitors can walk to the world famous Hollywood Walk of Fame and Hollywood Bowl, discover the Grauman's Chinese Theatre and Dolby Theatre, or take one metro train stop to Universal Studios.
If guests are visiting Los Angeles for a convention at the LA Convention Center, a downtown business meeting or a movie deal in Hollywood, our Hilton Garden Inn hotel offers an ideal base. Guests can work out in the fitness center or dive into the sparkling pool. Each spacious guest room boasts a sumptuous bed, ergonomically designed desk and 37-inch HDTV.
- Centrally located hotel in Hollywood near Disney / Dreamworks Studios
- Convenient to Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Hollywood Bowl, Grauman's Chinese Theater and Universal Studios
- 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® Market, Pavilion Lounge and Room Service
- Fitness center and outdoor pool