Posted October 15, 2017 R-112610
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Macon Marriott City Center
220 Room Hotel
Connected to the Edgar H. Wilson Convention Center (Over 49,000 Sq. Ft.) the Macon Marriott City Center features thoughtfully designed guest rooms and 5,000 square feet of venue space. Those planning meetings in downtown Macon can take advantage of the adjacent Edgar H. Wilson Convention Center. We also feature versatile event spaces at our hotel, and can offer everything guests need for a successful event, from planning to catering and room blocks. Hotel is located minutes form Wesleyan and Mercer University campus. Guests will enjoy spacious guest rooms at our hotel in Macon, GA when they are visiting Mercer University for Parents Weekend, Graduation, Homecoming or Sporting events such as Tennis, Football, Basketball, Baseball, Lacrosse, Soccer and Volleyball. For business, we are convenient to Boeing, GEICO, Georgia Power, Kumho Tire and Robins Air Force Base.